JOB ID: 1013
Optimum Staffing Solutions Inc. is looking to fill a position of Sample Sewer for our client who is committed to producing the best extreme weather
outerwear in the world.
They have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High
Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear their products because of their reputation for quality,
functionality and style.
Reporting to the Sample Sewing Team Lead, you will play a critical role in helping to produce new outerwear according to the high standards of quality
our client is known for all over the world.
What will you be doing?
- Sew entire garment from beginning to end
- Working with Pattern Makers and Product Developers to create new, innovative styles from concept sketch to complete garment
- Problem solving at the beginning stage of garments
- Sharing and communicating all aspects of garment process
- Assess the quality of garment pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to quality standards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis, while at the same time maintaining quality standards
Tasks & Responsibilities
Here’s what we are looking for…
- 2-3 years’ sewing experience in apparel manufacturing industry
- Experience as a Sample Sewer
- Ability and experience to use various industrial machines: single needle, double needle and seam serger machines
- Experience on specialty machines considered a definite asset
- Good command of English required to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work independently and as a team in a fast paced environment
- Product quality inspection and evaluation
- Reliable with good attendance record and focus on punctuality
- Availability to work extended hours as required to meet business demands
- Consistently exhibits client’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.