Our Client is a print and packaging manufacturer, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Their Facility is located in the GTA.
We are seeking an experienced Machine Operator, who is a team player, strong communicator, is engaging, and will deliver results for our customers. This role will manage the efficient set up and operation of a 10 color flex press.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the operation of stand-up pouch making equipment. The Pouch Machine Operator is responsible for producing
pouches within standard production efficiencies while verifying they meet customer specifications.
- Machine Operators will have overall responsibility for the machine operation from set-up and manufacturing to maintenance and quality control/food
packaging safety functions.
- Perform required maintenance and daily housekeeping on the press and surrounding area.
- Work closely with teams/departments to create an environment that supports workflow and continuous improvements of all pressroom operations.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for pressroom operations.
- Work safely, abide by and promote established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
||Based on experience
Tasks & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to think through the mechanical aspects of press operations, problem solving and decision making.
- Set up and operate the pouch maker within acceptable production, waste, quality, and food packaging safety standards.
- Visually inspect pouches to insure customer quality standards, and requirements are met.
- Perform quality testing using various lab equipment and documenting results.
- Assist in sorting and packing finished pouches in boxes.
- Complete production paperwork, and data entry on PC in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment according to 5s principals.
- Troubleshoot equipment and product quality issues
- Follow all GMP and department safety rules.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned. Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse
group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal
and external to the organization.
- Must have basic math, reading, writing skills, and have the ability to tactfully communicate to customers and employees of all levels of the
- Have the ability to recall and set bag recipes from the equipment's computer systems for each set up.
- Starts and Monitors machine continually at all points.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- High School degree or equivalent and/or two or more years in central impression flexographic printing; or equivalent combination of education and
- Must be able to participate in a varied shifts including afternoons.