Tool & Die Maker
With over 55 years of experience, our client has been your one-stop shop for hardware, accessories and construction products. Specializing in product
variety, quality and superior service. They distribute a complete line of construction and restoration products, including tools & equipment.
Under general direction, machine, fit and assemble component parts and precision tooling with a quality and timely focus in order to build special-purpose
machinery, work cells and automation projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Tool & Die Maker Certification with a minimum of 10 years related industrial experience.
- Millwright certification and work experience considered an asset.
- Welding experience and certifications considered an asset (SMAW CWB, GMAW CWB, GTAW AWS)
- Proven success in continuous process improvement, work place safety, maximizing equipment efficiencies and run time.
- Demonstrated proficiency with tool room equipment.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Design, create, repair and test prototypes and production tools such as dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and specialty tools using
- Ability to build new tooling and fixtures, without supervision.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models.
- Prepare templates and sketches, and determine work processes.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools.
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill,
bore, grind or otherwise shape workpiece to prescribed dimensions and finish.
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as Vernier calibers, micrometers, co-ordinate
measuring machines (CMM) and electronic measuring devices.
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools.
- Test completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation.
- Train apprentices in all aspects of Tool & Die Making and safety.
- May program CNC machine tools.