Our client, a world leader in the supply of specialized and standard shell and tube heat exchangers, double pipe, multi-tube hairpin, and tank heater
equipment, including finned tubes. Our TWISTED TUBE® Bundle Technology solves many of the common problems encountered in the operation of conventional
shell-and-tube heat exchangers. We enable equipment cost savings, lower energy costs, reduced maintenance requirements, elimination of flow-induced-vibrations,
longer cleaning cycles, and increased thermal efficiency.
The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated and result oriented experienced Senior Buyer responsible for procurement related tasks and
duties necessary for the cost-effective procurement of goods and services for the business, while leveraging and aligning with Corporate Agreements
and company goals. The Senior Buyer should have excellent organizational skills to track and report, to both internal and external customers, on
material purchases and expected delivery dates in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate integrity, customer focus, and the ability to embrace change. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented,
can efficiently multi-task, has superior communication skills, and the ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced engineered-to-order environment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of purchasing functions, process improvements and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. The Senior Buyer will have a Buyer reporting directly to him/her. The person in this role will report to the Purchasing Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- All procurement functions including sourcing, negotiating and expediting various materials and services in an engineered-to-order environment.
- Accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders.
- Continuously source & develop supply alternatives (including overseas opportunities) to reduce costs while maintaining production schedule requirements.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships to supply purchased goods and services, which meet the quality and service standards of our Customers.
- Interface with Project Management, Engineering and Manufacturing departments to prioritize required materials and services to meet the Customer’s needs.
Communicate with managers concerning vendor performance, pricing issues, delivery issues and any other pertinent information that requires cross-functional
strategies within the supply chain
What You Will Need:
- At least three years of experience in metal fabrication environment
- At least three years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least three years of experience in purchasing ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including plates, pipes, tubing and forgings
- At least three years of experience purchasing Maintenance, Repair and Operational (MRO) supplies
- At least three years of arranging subcontracted services (PWHT, painting, logistics, etc.)
- At least one year of experience reviewing technical drawings • Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel
and Power Point) and Access
- Experienced with ERP software
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience in an engineered-to-order environment (ASME code).
- Previous experience working with a manufacturer of Pressure Vessels
- Experience using ERP systems like INFOR ERP LN
- CPM or CPIM Certification.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering.
At this time, we are looking for local candidates. We are not offering relocation assistance for this role.