Production Technician / Machine Operator
Reporting to the production supervisor, the production Technician is responsible for Operating, troubleshooting, adjusting, maintaining and repairing
various pieces of computerized and manual packaging equipment, while maintaining quality, production output and on-line delivery during their shift.
Also, providing leadership and mentorship to production associates in area.
||$22/hr. + $1.5 Shift Premium
||Night Shift (6:30pm - 6:30am)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain and adjust production equipment to run at standard speeds and centerline conditions so as to enhance productivity and efficiency
to meet production goals.
- Performs the mechanical changeover / set up of mechanical equipment based on specifications.
- Troubleshoots any mechanical equipment issues in order to produce high quality products that meet required specifications.
- Ability to perform mechanical adjustments and basic repairs to reduce mechanical downtime.
- Complete prescribed preventative maintenance tasks to improve uptime.
- Understand cycle time concepts and sources of unreliability to focus on critical areas of improvement.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance productivity, lower costs, and improve quality.
- Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule
- Ensure all quality checks are performed on time and documented.
- Ensure that trial, troubleshooting or scrap items are identified and segregated from regular production products.
- Prepare and complete all documentation applicable to production and QA.
- Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions.
- Responsible for GMPs, food safety and quality, and being aware of SQF system program.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Strong mechanical aptitude competency.
- Experience troubleshooting and providing mechanical assistance to production manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to utilize hand tools, pneumatic tools, gauges and other measuring instruments.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment a must.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently, in a fast-paced working environment.
- First aid, Forklift and health and safety certification will be considered advantageous.