Industrial Mechanic / Millwright
Our client is a privately owned Canadian Company, is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright. This is a full time permanent position with company's
benefits after probation period.
As a growing company they are able to offer our employees endless opportunities for professional growth We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic
/ Millwright – this position will be responsible for the maintenance tasks and duties of the food processing plant and all production equipment and
||$33 - $35+ / hr.
||3pm - 11:30pm
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work within all HACCP and GMP guidelines maintaining a high level of integrity and a food safe environment at all times
- Hold and maintain a current Industrial Mechanic 433A license.
- Work at all times within O.H.S.A. guidelines and regulation
- Provide maintenance repairs to all mechanical process including hydraulics and pneumatics to ensure safety, quality , production & maintenance
requirements are achieved
- Ability to troubleshoot & repair automated production equipment and packaging equipment.
- Examine and adjust equipment and production machinery
- Support the operation of the plant and identify potential areas for concern by doing daily rounds, record findings and using their ability to prioritize
- Maintain conveyors and control systems
- Testing and performing preventative inspections and maintenance
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve production operations, streamline work and control and reduce costs
- Decrease turnaround times for equipment breakdowns and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless service
- Work with a sense of urgency with regards to production equipment breakdowns
- Work with other members of the maintenance team on any related duties
- Any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provincial Industrial Mechanic Certificate 433A as a minimum;
- Experience in a food manufacturing facility preferred;
- Highly skilled in mechanical assembly industry specific experience (food processing);
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Good customer service skills to interact with other employees and external contacts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work well with others;
- Highly self-motivated with self-initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum of 3 years experience as a Maintenance Mechanic.
- knowledge in a food processing environment.