Optimum Staffing Solutions Inc is seeking a dedicated delivery driver for our client who is Toronto's leading grocery delivery service, looking for a full-time
driver to join the team. The position is full time Monday through Friday, starting at 8:00 AM each day.
Any grocery experience and product knowledge are assets.
Who is the client?
They have been providing the GTA, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph and Kitchener/Waterloo with unbeatable grocery delivery service for over 30 years. With
thousands of products, dedicated delivery drivers, and no membership fees, they have all home and business supply needs covered.
Why Work for our client?
- Competitive benefits package after 3 successful months
- Weekends and statutory holidays off
- Access to discounted prices of all their products.
- pay rate starts at $16/hr, and moves up after probation
||Days starting at 8am
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deliver orders to homes, offices, restaurants and foodservice businesses using a company truck.
- Ensure that products are delivered in a new and presentable condition.
- Rotate stock for customers as requested paying attention to expiry dates of all products.
- Communicate with office staff for any issues or questions throughout the delivery day.
- Responsible for the housekeeping, fluid level checks, circle checks and needed supplies for the truck.
- Pick up product orders from suppliers for Client as required.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting all describe actions that will be performed on a regular basis throughout a shift.
- A valid “G” license with a current and clean abstract
- An excellent command of English is required
- Ability to carry fifty (50) pounds up and down at least one flight of stairs
- Physically fit and well-groomed
- Delivery and grocery experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Toronto roads and surrounding areas
- Customer service oriented, detail-oriented and organized