Cost Estimator (Flexible Packaging)
This position will be responsible for establishing costs for manufacturing plastic packaging products and analyzing details of opportunities in order to
set market competitive pricing for goods and services.
The Estimating Specialist will be a key participant in the processing of bid packages and will work closely with Sales, Operations, and the Pricing
Team to grow business through strategic pricing decisions.
||TBD based on experience
||full-time day shifts (hours to be discussed)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Handle Request for Quotations (RFQ) considering customers’ needs and suppliers’ machinability and capability
- Process sample requests upon reviewing numerous documents such as quotes, sales orders (SO) and purchase orders (PO) to ensure technical aspects
of customers’ needs
- Perform pricing and cost analysis
- Analyze root causes of defects and failures of samples and trial runs in order to prevent recurrence
- Participate in new product development, research and development (R&D) and continuous improvement
- Communicate extensively with suppliers and internal stakeholders such as Customer Support Representatives, Sales Representatives, Laboratory Specialists
and Production, Manufacturing and Logistics Groups for smooth and successful progression of projects
- Coordinate bid packages and participate in bid strategies and business transition meetings.
- Implement lean strategies and margin improvement strategies through estimating processes.
- Build and maintain knowledge of plastic packaging, displays, and services, and the production processes used by the company, including maintain
knowledge of machine capabilities and limitations.
- Develop pricing strategies and provide support to the pricing team members across the company.
- Collaborate closely with sales and key team members to understand local market trends.
- Capacity to grasp manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Experience with costing, profitability, and/or pricing preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Previous exposure to estimating in flexible packaging
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience within plastics packaging industry is required
- College Diploma or University Degree